Friends Network Himalayas
Friends Network Himalayas comprises several YWAM FM teams working among an unreached Hindu people group in the Himalayas.
The Himalayas are a vast and predominately unreached area. The teams there need more full-time staff members and short-term volunteers. Here are some ways to get involved:
We can offer 2-3 weeks long programs that combine two or more ministry opportunities. Welcoming short-term outreach teams is an integrated part of our long-term strategy. At present we offer the following opportunities:
- Worship and intercession trips to local towns in the region, including prayer treks
- Work with a project for needy women
- Creative classes for local kids, including painting, dancing, music etc.
- Teaching English to local students
The Forward Caste Hindus of South Asia have largely been neglected due to their resistance to the gospel and traditional Christianity. The Friends Network teams have chosen a contextual approach to ministry to communicate the gospel in a way that would open doors among the Forward Caste Hindus. If you have a heart for reaching Hindus and are open to try new approaches to ministry, this may be an option for you to consider. We can offer a variety of options for long-term ministry:
- A prayer ministry involving short-term teams, trekking and local outreach
- A handicraft project for needy women
- Work with web design, photography, administration, accounting etc.
- Serve as English teacher among local students
- Work with creative seminars like painting, dancing, music etc.
- Friendship EV and Contextual CP in the local community